Thank you, Simon, for this awesome award! I am happy to know that you enjoy my blog as much as I always enjoy yours! We have, what my dad would call, a mutual admiration society 🙂
There are rules for this award and they go a little something like this:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Attach the award badge to the post (right click and save, then upload.)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
- Provide a link to the original post.
I first began this blog to accomplish two things: First, I have always loved writing. I used to write little books before I could spell, then try to sell them in garage sales or door to door. I thank my mother for her undying patience as she helped me spell every.single.word. My love for writing grew to poetry and short stories. But after mommyhood, I found little time to write. And I really couldn’t think of what I wanted to write! Short poems came to me here and there, and I would jot them down. But I wanted something more… It was a blogging friend of mine who pointed out that I had plenty of material just in my daily life. As it turns out, there are a few people who seem to enjoy reading my crazy snip-its!
Secondly, my blog (which has now expanded to poetry, homeschooling, and religion) served as stress relief. What happened in the day that may have actually been very upsetting, I learned to look at it from another angle. I blogged about it and realized that kids are kids and they keep us young. Sanity, however, is debatable 😉
I don’t usually consider myself as anyone worthy of giving advice. My writing is unpolished. I’m not a professional, by any means! I simply enjoy doing it. For those who love to write, write. Don’t find reasons why you can’t. The reasons and the muse will always be there!
My nominees are: