Thank you, Simon, for nominating me for this award. I look forward to your unique posts (and those designs you promised me 🙂 ).
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
- What’s your favorite male character in a book and why?
Rhett Butler. He invented tall, dark and handsome. His personality is flawless! I don’t think I’ve come across a more well-rounded character.
- What’s your favorite female character in a book and why?
Scarlett O’Hara. Maybe you are seeing a theme at this point… She’s also a survivor at all costs. She may seem cold and uncaring to some, or the anti-hero. But to me, she was courageous during a time I can’t imagine living through. She was loyal to her home and her father. There was nothing she couldn’t accomplish, until the end of the story 😦
- What’s the one thing that happened in a book that you would like to do?
True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle – I would love to be that young, innocent, beautiful English girl making the sea voyage home to her family, only to realize she is amidst a crazy captain and a crew out to get rid of him.
- What would you do with a magic pen that any time you wrote with it, it created whatever you described (I liked this so I kept it)?
Draw doors that went into gardens. Whenever I was a place I didn’t want to be, I’d draw a little door and disappear 🙂
- What’s the book you couldn’t put down?
Gone with the Wind and Everyday Saints
- Where in the universe would you like to go? Why?
I’m happy looking at the stars on the ground… Earth’s ground.
- Who is your favorite author?
Funny, I can only think of one who I didn’t like…
- Have you ever read a book that you didn’t want anyone to know you had read? What was it?
The Twilight Series.
- What book has made you feel something the most intensely? What did you feel?
Gone with the Wind. I was just so upset that Scarlett and Rhett were over!
- If offered the opportunity to visit a fictional world, where would you go and what kind of character would you become?
Does being a mermaid count? Living in the Great Barrier Reef?? Otherwise, if it’s a book, I’ll settle for any fairytale princess.
- Poor Prose – a very new site that has great potential. The writing is great and I can’t to see what else he does with the site.
- Sometimes Silver Linings are Blue – Wow! Carisa’s poetry is beautiful, provocative, and oftentimes, hits right to my core.
- The Lonely Author Blog – I just recently stumbled upon this blog. Another fantastic writer!
- Charles French – writer, book and movie reviews of the classics!
- My Two Sentences – Beautiful writing in only two sentences. You won’t believe what he can do until you read it for yourself.
- When did you begin writing for enjoyment?
- Who is your favorite philosopher and why?
- Why do you write?
- What is hardest part about the writing process for you?
- Do you find you’re bummed out when you finish a good book?